- Lemon Juice, 8 grams (about 1.5 teaspoons)
- Mascarpone Cheese, 30 grams
- Blueberries, 16
- Banana, half
- Light Cooking Cream, 85 grams (about 75ml)
- Icing Sugar, 20 grams
- Small Ice Cubes, a plenty
- Salt, a plenty
- Bowls, 2
- Blender, 1
- Egg Beater Mixer, 1
- Plastic Wrap
- In a bowl, add lemon juice into mascarpone cheese, and stir well.
- With a blender, mix blueberries and bananas into mashed texture. Stir in the mascarpone cheese and lemon juice mixture.
- In another bowl, add light cooking cream into icing sugar and mix well to form whipped cream. Add it into the blender and mix well.
- Split the blended mixture into two portions, air-tight with plastic wrap, and set them aside.
- Pre-cool the Thermos® Food Jar by adding small ice cubes and salt, close the lid tightly and let it sit aside for 1 minute. Discard ice cubes and salt.
- After 1 minute, open Food Jar and immediately add one portion of the tightly-wrapped blended mixture, small ice cubes and salt, close the lid tightly and give it a good shake. Let it sit aside for 50 minutes.
- Before serving, garnish with some blueberries.
- The endothermic effect of salt accelerates the melting of the ice, and rapidly cools the temperature to below zero. This allows the ice cream to be moulded in a shorter time.
- This recipe is based on using a 0.47L Thermos® Food Jar. The above ingredients quantity can fit into two 0.47L Thermos® Food Jar. You may adjust the ingredients quantity accordingly.
- It is recommended to use small ice cubes and plenty of salt. Snowflake salt is preferred.
- It is recommended to use a thicker plastic wrap, wrap tight and discharge all air.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos® China.