Serves 8 -10
- Dried Malva Nut (Pang Dai Hai; 胖⼤海), 5
- Dried Lotus Seeds , 100 grams (Skinless)
- White Fungus, 15 grams
- Gingko Nuts, 80 grams
- Water, 4 litres
- Pearl Barley, 50 grams (washed and rinsed)
- Pandan Leaves, 5 knots (washed and rinsed)
- Red Dates, 21 (washed and rinsed)
- Dried Longans, 40 grams (washed and rinsed)
- Rock Sugar, 140 grams
- Soak dried malva nut (Pang Dai Hai; 胖⼤海) in hot water for 30 minutes till they expand. Remove the skin and seeds, and set aside.
- Soak dried lotus seeds in hot water for 10 minutes till soften. Slice each into half, remove the green pith and set aside.
- Soak white fungus in hot water for 10 minutes till soften. Shred each into smaller pieces, remove the hard stem, and set aside.
- Slice gingko nuts into half and remove the stem in the middle.
- In a 6.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add 4 litres of water, pearl barley, pandan leaves and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- When boiling, add white fungus, red dates, dried lotus seeds, gingko nuts, dried longans, rock sugar and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- When boiling, remove pandan leaves and add in the dried malva nuts (pang dai hai; 胖⼤海).
- When boiling, cover the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for at least 1 hour, before serving.
- This recipe is based on using a 6.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-6000 and a 6.0L Shuttle Chef® inner pot KOB-6000I. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the Shuttle Chef® capacity.
- Dried Malva Nut (Pang Dai Hai;胖⼤海) helps to lower cholesterol and relax the bowels.
Main photo courtesy of sharefood.sg. Second photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.