- Chicken Thighs, 800 grams
- Potatoes, 500 grams
- Coconut Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Garlic, 1 bulb
- Lemongrass, 4 sticks
- Curry Leaves, 25 to 30 pieces
- A1 Chicken Curry Paste, 1 packet
- Tean’s Gourmet Paste for Curry Chicken, 1 packet
- Full Cream Coconut Milk, 200ml
- Water, 250ml
- Marinate Chicken Thighs with Tean’s Gourmet Paste for Curry Chicken. Set it aside.
- Peel Potatoes, cut them into half and soak in salt water.
- Pour Coconut Oil into the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot and heat on stove over low heat.
- Bruise and add Lemongrass. Add Garlic and Curry Leaves, and lightly fry for 3 minutes.
- Add A1 Chicken Curry Paste, and use a spatula to loosen the Curry Paste.
- Add 250ml water, and bring the contents to a boil over high heat.
- Discard salt water from Potatoes.
- Reduce heat. Add marinated Chicken Thighs and Potatoes.
- Turn to high heat and bring the contents to a rapid boil.
- Simmer the contents over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn to high heat and bring the contents to a rapid boil again.
- When boiling, close the inner pot’s lid and transfer into to the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for 4 hours.
- Before serving, bring the contents in the inner pot to a boil and add Coconut Milk.
- Dish up and serve with Bread, Rice, Noodles, Fried Bee Hoon.
- This recipe is based on using Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-4500.
- Ensure the interior of inner pot is dry before adding Coconut Oil.
- Dry Lemongrass, Garlic, Curry Leaves with kitchen towel.
- For deeper flavor, you may marinate the Chicken Thigh overnight in the fridge.
- The Chicken curry can be left in the Shuttle Chef® for up to 8 hours.