- Cooking Oil
- Homemade Curry Paste, blend the following items until smooth:-
- Lemongrass, 2 stalks (sliced)
- Green Chilli Padi, 12
- Shallots, 4
- Garlic, 6 cloves
- Blue Ginger (Galangal), 1 (thumb-sized)
- Coriander, a big handful (includes leaves, stems and roots)
- Cumin Seeds, 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground Coriander, 1/2 teaspoon
- Fish Sauce, 3 tablespoons
- Kaffir Lime Leaves, 24
- Kaffir Limes, 2 (medium and juiced)
- Palm Sugar (Gula Melaka), 25 grams
- Belachan Chilli Sauce, 1 teaspoon
- Pepper, to taste
- Chicken Stock, 500ml
- Chicken Drumsticks, 4
- Potatoes, 3 (skinned and cut into bite sizes)
- Salt, to taste
- Coconut Milk, 500ml
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add some cooking oil and homemade curry paste and fry till very fragrant.
- Add chicken stock and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- When boiling, add chicken drumsticks and bite-sized potatoes, and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt, to taste.
- When boiling, close the inner pot's lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for 4 hours.
- Before serving, bring the contents to boil, add coconut milk and simmer for 15 minutes until thickened. Garnish with some coriander.
- This recipe is based on using a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredients quantity accordingly to the different Shuttle Chef® capacity.
- This dish is best served with rice or bread.
- When frying the homemade curry paste with cooking oil, you may fry till the colour has darkened and the oil began to ooze out.