- Minced Pork Meat, 350g
- Water Chestnuts, 7 (peeled and diced)
- Salted Egg, 1 (separated yolk and white, diced yolk)
- Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar, 1 teaspoon
- Light Soya Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Sesame Oil, 2 teaspoon
- Corn Flour, 2 teaspoons
- Ginger, 1 thumb (sliced)
- Bowl, 1
- Steaming rack, 1
- In a bowl, mix minced meat, diced water chestnuts, egg white, salt, sugar, light soya sauce, sesame oil and corn flour well, and marinate it for at least 30 minutes.
- Add and place diced egg yolk and sliced ginger on top of the marinated contents.
- In a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, place in the steaming rack, add hot boiling water till 1/3 full and place the bowl with marinated minced meat onto the steaming rack.
- Bring the inner pot to a boil under medium heat.
- When boiling, close inner pot's lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for at least 1 hour, for vacuum insulation steaming, before serving.
- This recipe is based on using a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-4500. Ingredients and tools can be adjusted or replaced for different Shuttle Chef® inner pot sizes and capacities.
- Both steaming rack and bowl have to fit well into the Shuttle Chef® inner pot when the lid is closed, and the bowl must be easily placed into the Shuttle Chef® when filled with contents.
- You may marinate the minced meat overnight in the fridge, for a stronger flavour.
- You may replace minced pork with minced chicken, based on preference and taste.
Recipe and photos courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.