- Rice, 1/3 cup
- Chinese White Cabbage (Xiao Bai Cai), 60 grams (cut into bite-sized)
- Ginger, 1 slice (shredded)
- Egg, 1 (beaten)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Rinse rice thoroughly and soak in water for 10 mintues. Drain water.
- Preheat a Thermos® Food Jar by fill it with hot boiling water till the inner rim. Close the lid tightly and let it sit aside for 5-10 minutes. Discard water.
- Add rice, cabbage and shredded ginger into the Food Jar. Add hot boiling water till the inner rim, close the lid tightly and let it aside for 1 minute. Discard water.
- Add beaten egg and hot boiling water till the inner rim. Stir well, close the lid tightly and let it sit aside for 90 minutes (1.5 hours).
- Before serving, add salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe is based on using a 0.5L Thermos® Food Jar JBM-500 / JBM-501. You may adjust the ingredients accordingly to different capacity.
- The porridge can be left in the Food Jar for up to 4 hours.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos China.