- Hot Boiling Water, 2.2 litres
- Egg, 1 (room temperature)
- Ice cubes, 2
- Quinoa, 1 cup (170 grams)
- Dried Shitake Mushrooms, 5 (soaked and diced)
- Garlic Salt, 1 tablespoon
- Seaweed, garnish before serving
- Dried Parsley Flakes, garnish before serving
- Bring a kettle of water to the boil. Preheat Thermos® Food Jar by filling it with hot boiling water up to the inner rim, close the lid tightly and let it sit for 10 mins. Discard water.
- Fill the food jar with hot water to 70% full. Add ice cubes and egg (room temperature) and close lid tightly. Set timer for 20 minutes. The onsen egg will be ready in 20 minutes.
- Soak mushrooms in a cup of hot water for 5 minutes and diced.
- Preheat another Thermos® Food Jar by filling it with hot boiling water up to the inner rim, close the lid tightly and let it sit for 10 mins. Discard water.
- Add quinoa, 1 cup of hot water, diced mushrooms and garlic salt in the food jar and close lid tightly immediately. Give it a good shake and set it aside. The mushroom quinoa will be ready in 45 minutes, and can be left in the Thermos® Food Jar for up to 8 hours. Garnish with dried parsley flakes before serving.