Serves 5 – 10
- Herbal Tea Egg Spices, 2 sachets
- Eggs, 10
- Light Soya Sauce, 3 tablespoons
- Dark Soya Sauce, 4 tablespoons
- Water, 1.1 litres
- Place all eggs in a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot and add water till it covers the eggs.
- Bring the water to a boil over medium heat and simmer for 7 minutes. Remove eggs and discard water.
- In a separate plate/bowl, gently tap the egg shells with the back of a spoon, to create patterned cracks.
- In a clean Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add 1.1 litres of water and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- When boiling, add hard boiled eggs with patterned cracks, herbal tea egg spices sachets, light soya sauce, dark soya sauce, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When boiling, cover the inner pot with lid and transfer the inner pot into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for at least 6 hours, before serving.
- If you are preparing the eggs the night before, re-boil the contents in the morning for at least 10 minutes over medium heat and transfer it back into the outer pot. The eggs will be served hot during lunch or can be kept warm, for up to 8 hours.
Photos courtesy of friendseat.com, tamaratlee.wordpress.com and Thermos Singapore team. Recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.