- Sweet Potatoes, 1 to 2 (scrubbed clean)
- Hot Boiling Water
- Plate, 1
- Steaming Rack, 1
- Place steaming rack into the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, and fill the inner pot with water, up to the height of the steaming rack.
- Place the plate onto the steaming rack, and sweet potatoes in the plate.
- Bring the inner pot to a boil and transfer it to the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for 4 to 5 hours.
- This recipe is based on using a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® RPE-3000.
- The sweet potatoes can be kept in the Shuttle Chef® for up to 10 hours. You can prepare them the night before and have it piping hot for breakfast the next day.
- The steaming rack, plate and sweet potatoes have to fit well into the Shuttle Chef® inner pot when the lid closed.
- You may not cut the sweet potatoes if they fit well when the lid closed.
- If you need to cut the sweet potatoes, it is recommended to cut them about the same size for even steaming.
Main photo courtesy of cuisinebank.com.