- Boneless Chicken Drumsticks, 500 grams (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- Minced Ginger, 1.5 tablespoons
- Chopped Garlic, 0.5 tablespoon
- Shao Xing Wine (绍兴酒), 0.5 tablespoon
- Light Soya Sauce, 0.5 tablespoon
- Corn Flour, 1 teaspoon
- Sugar, 0.5 teaspoon
- Salt, 0.5 teaspoon
- Sesame Oil, 0.5 tablespoon
- Spring Onions, 1 stalk (diced)
- Fried Onions, to garnish
- Steaming Rack, 1
- Bowl, 1
- With a suitable bowl, marinate chicken with all the ingredients except spring onions and fried onions. Set it aside to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- In a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, place in the steaming rack, add hot boiling water till 1/3 full and place the bowl with the marinated chicken onto the steaming rack.
- Bring the water in the inner pot to a boil under medium heat. When boiling, add spring onions and simmer for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, close inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for at least 1 hour, for vacuum insulation steaming.
- Before serving, garnish with fried onions.
- This recipe is based on using a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-4500. Ingredients and tools can be adjusted or replaced for different Shuttle Chef® inner pot sizes and capacities.
- Both steaming rack and bowl have to fit well into the Shuttle Chef® inner pot when the lid is closed, and the bowl must be easily placed into the Shuttle Chef® when filled with contents.
- The original ingredients are doubled to cater for 8 persons, separated into two portions with steaming in two 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef®.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.