- Apple, 150 grams
- Strawberry, 100 grams
- Banana, 100 grams
- Orange, 1 large
- Granulated Sugar, 40 grams
- Mirin, 2 tablespoons
- Mint Leaves, a little (optional)
- Peel apple and remove core, and cut into 2 cm cubes. Remove leave portions from strawberries, then cut strawberries vertically into half. Peel banana and cut into 2 cm wide round slices.
- Peel orange, remove orange flesh from segment membrane (“white bag”). Squeeze the remaining segment membrane for juice, and add the juice onto apples and bananas.
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add half the amount of the apples and strawberries, sprinkle on granulated sugar and leave for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add mirin to contents made in Step 1, and heat. Once boiled, cover with lid, simmer it on low heat for 7 minutes. Then add banana, mix and bring to boil.
- Remove inner pot from heat, transfer into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot, cover lid and keep warm for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add remaining half of apples and strawberries to the contents made in Step 3, and mix well, cover lid and further keep warm for another 5 minutes.
- Remove contents from inner pot and cool in the refrigerator. When ready, serve in a bowl, and add mint leaves, if any.
- This recipe uses a Thermos® Shuttle Chef®.
- This dish may be served with yogurt.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Japan