Serves 6 to 8
- Dried Lotus Seeds, 300 grams
- Sweet Potato Flour, 100 grams
- Water, 2.1 litres
- Pandan Leaves, 10 (tied into a knot)
- Red Jaggery Sugar, 180 grams
- Soak dried lotus seeds in hot water for 1 hour. Drain water, slice each into half, remove the green pith and set aside.
- In a bowl, add sweet potato flour and 100ml of water. Mix well and set aside for later use.
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add 2 litres of water and pandan leaves, and bring it to a boil under medium heat.
- When boiling, add soaked lotus seeds and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, cover the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for at least 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, heat inner pot with contents over medium heat, remove pandan leaves and bring it to boil.
- When boiling, add red jaggery sugar and sweet potato-water mixture, and stir well before serving.
- This recipe is based on using a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team. Photo courtesy of Travelling Foodies