Serves 1 to 2
- Coconut Milk, 250ml
- Mango, 2
- Grapefruit, 1/3 (cut out interior flesh)
- Sago, 20 grams (do not rinse or wash)
- Preheat a Thermos® Food Jar by filling it with hot boiling water, close the lid and set aside for 10 minutes. Discard water.
- With the preheated Food Jar, add unwashed sago and hot boiling water (adequate to cover the sago completely) and stir well to scatter the sago. Close lid tightly and let it sit aside to cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut mangoes and set aside nice mango cut shapes for decoration. For the irregular shapes, mash and mix them with the coconut milk with a big spoon and make it into a coconut-mango paste. Set the paste aside.
- After 30 minutes, discard water and filter the sago with a sieve from the Food Jar, followed by soaking the cooked sago in cold water.
- Before serving, mix cooked chilled sago with the coconut-mango paste. Add mango cuts and grapefruits, and garnish with mint leaf.
- This recipe is based on using a 0.47L Thermos® Food Jar SK-3000. You may adjust the ingredients quantities based on the capacity of the Food Jar.
- It is crucial not to rinse the sago with cold water.
- It is important to stir the sago well with the hot boiling water, to avoid the sago from turning into lumps.
- You may replace coconut milk with normal milk, almond milk, coconut juice or evaporated milk. However, the recommended taste is with coconut milk.
Photo, recipe and tips courtesy of Thermos China