- Matcha Powder, 10 grams
- Light Cooking Cream, 105ml (whisked till fluffy)
- Condensed Milk, 75 grams
- Milk, 40ml
- Egg Yolk, 1
- Small ice cubes
- Bowl, 1
- Plastic Wrap
- Mix milk and egg yolk under small heat and stir continuously during the process. When small bubbles are formed, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- After cooling, add matcha powder and condensed milk, and mix well. Add fluffy light cooking cream and mix well.
- Air-tight the mixture into a plastic wrap.
- Pre-cool a Thermos® Food Jar by adding small ice cubes and salt, immediately close the lid tightly, give it a good shake and let it sit aside for 1 minute. Discard ice cubes and salt.
- After 1 minute, open Food Jar and immediately place in the air-tight with plastic wrap mixture, small ice cubes and salt. Immediately close the lid tightly, give it a good shake and let it sit aside for 50 minutes.
- Before serving, top up with your favourite fruits!
- The endothermic effect of salt accelerates the melting of the ice, and rapidly cools the temperature to below zero. This allows the ice cream to be moulded in a shorter time.
- This recipe is based on using a 0.47L Thermos® Food Jar. The above ingredients quantity can fit into two 0.47L Thermos® Food Jar. You may adjust the ingredients quantity accordingly.
- It is recommended to use small ice cubes and plenty of salt. Snowflake salt is preferred.
- It is recommended to use a thicker plastic wrap, wrap tight and discharge all air.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos China.