- Mung Beans (washed and soaked in water)
- Pumpkin (skinned and cut into small chunks)
- Rock Sugar
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add rinsed mung beans and water, bring to a rapid boil over medium heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add pumpkin chunks and rock sugar, and bring it to another rapid boil.
- When boiling, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for 40 minutes.
- Before serving, you can cool down the dessert in a bowl of iced water or consume it hot.
- Mung beans and pumpkin are good combination ingredients to reduce body heatness and for detoxification.
- The cold version works best during hot days.
- For a healthier version, you may choose not to add the rock sugar.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos China.