Serves 5 to 6
- Roasted Peanuts, 350 grams
- Sesame Seeds, 2 tablespoons
- Water, 1.5 litres
- Sugar, 50 grams (or to taste)
- Rice Flour, 1 tablespoon
- Water, 2 tablespoons
- Cooked Rice Balls, 10
- In a blender, add roasted peanuts, sesame seeds, water and sugar. Blend the contents till fine and set aside.
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add peanuts mixture, bring it to a boil (stir constantly while boiling) and simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add rice flour and 2 tablespoons of water. Mix well and set aside this rice flour mixture.
- After 3 hours, bring the content in the inner pot to another boil. When boiling, add rice flour mixture and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Before serving, add cooked rice balls.
- This recipe is based on using Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredients quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
- Should you prefer a thinner peanut paste, you may skip to add the rice flour mixture. Should you prefer a thicker texture, you may add more rice flour mixture to your desired texture.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.