- Red Beans, 100 grams
- Sugar, 80 grams
- Agar Powder, 4 grams
- Salt, to taste
- Wash red beans with water, place into a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot and add water till it covers the red beans.
- Cover lid and allow red beans to boil over medium heat. After boiling, discard water and rinse red beans thoroughly with clean water.
- Boil the rinsed red beans with 400ml of water over medium heat. When boiling, cover the inner pot lid and continue to boil for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Transfer the inner pot into the outer pot and let it sit aside for 70 minutes (1 hour and 10 minutes).
- Add 400ml of water and agar powder, mix well and cover the lid. Boil the mixture with the lid over medium heat. When boiling, remove the lid and continue to boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add sugar and salt, and mix well. Transfer the mixture into a metal steel bowl and cool it over a separate bowl of ice.
- Pour the mixture into a dessert mould and chill it in the refrigerator, before serving.
- The actual time taken to cook the red beans with the Shuttle Chef® may differ, depending on the red bean variety. Let it cook in the Shuttle Chef® till the red beans are soft.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos® Taiwan.
Resource of information and copyrights reserved by Crown Manufacturing Corporation.