- Water, 1.5 litres (for cooking sago) + 800ml (to cook yam)
- Sago, 200 grams
- Yam, 500 grams (diced and washed)
- Milk, 900ml
- Coconut Milk, 400ml
- Condensed Milk, 4 tablespoons
- Sugar, 7 tablespoons
- Mini Rice Balls, to garnish (optional)
- Pot, 1 (to cook the sago)
- Strainer, 1
- Large Bowl, 1
- In a pot, add in 1.5L water, and bring to a boil. Once boiled, add in sago, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove the pot, let it sit aside with pot cover, and continue cooking for 15 minutes (until sago turns transparent).
- With a strainer, strain the sago into a large bowl. Set aside for later use.
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add in water, yam, milk, coconut milk, condensed milk, sugar, and bring contents to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for at least 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, stir the contents until the yam are combined with the contents.
- Before serving, garnish with sago and mini rice balls.
- This recipe is based on using the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.