Serves 4 to 6
- Salad Oil or Olive Oil, 1 teaspoon
- Carrot, 1 small
- Sweet Potato, 1 small (cut into half vertically)
- Onion, 1 (cut into half horizontally)
- Lotus Root, 4cm thick
- King Oyster Mushrooms, 2-3
- Water, ¼ cup (50ml)
- Salt, a pinch
- Zucchini, 1 small
- Rock Salt (ground), as desired
- Black Pepper (ground), as desired
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, heat oil over medium heat, add all vegetables, except zucchini. Heat vegetables to a light roasted brown color (apart from onion, all vegetables’ skin should remain intact).
- Add water and salt to cooked vegetables, quickly close inner pot with lid and turn to low heat for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, add zucchini and heat for another 10 minutes.
- Remove inner pot from heat, transfer into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot and keep warm for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, sprinkle rock salt and black pepper to taste and cut vegetables into bite-sizes.
- It is recommended to serve the vegetables on a plate for better visual appeal.
- You may choose your preferred vegetables that will fit well in the Shuttle Chef® inner pot to avoid having to cut them up too much.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Japan.