- Eggplant, 300 grams
- Chinese Rice Wine (Shaoxing), 6 tablespoons
- Light Soy Sauce, 6 tablespoons
- Oyster Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Sugar, 3 tablespoons
- Black Vinegar, 2 tablespoons
- Pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Water, 400ml
- Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Minced Pork, 200 grams
- Minced Garlic, 1 tablespoon
- Dried Chilli, 10 grams (Deseeded and sliced)
- Enoki Mushroom, 80 grams
- Parsley, to garnish
- Cut the eggplant into ½ inch cubes. Set aside for later use.
- In a bowl, add in Shaoxing wine, light soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, vinegar, pepper, water, and mix well. Set aside for later use.
- In a 1.8L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add in 1 tablespoon of oil and minced pork. Stir fry for 2 minutes (or until meat is browned).
- After 2 minutes, add in garlic, dried chili and stir fry for 3 minutes
- After 3 minutes, add in eggplant, sauce mixture, enoki mushroom and bring contents to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, garnish with parsley.
- This recipe is based on using the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-1800. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.