- Cabbage, 8 slices
- Celery, 1/3
- Ground Pork, 300 grams
- Bread Flour, 2 tablespoons
- Milk, 4 tablespoons
- Onion, ½
- Egg, ½ (beaten)
- Salt, amount as desired
- Pepper, amount as desired
- Nutmeg (spice), amount as desired
- Rice, 1 tablespoon (washed and rinsed)
- Bouillon or Soup Stock, 3 cups (600ml)
- Bay Leaf, 1 piece
- Boil cabbage and leave to cool. Remove leaves’ core and wipe them dry. Thinly slice celery and finely chop the onion. Soak bread flour in milk.
- Add onion, beaten egg and bread flour (soaked in milk) to ground pork and knead well. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, nutmeg, add washed rice and mix.
- Divide contents made in Step 2 into 8 equal parts, and wrap them in cabbage. Place them in a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, lined up without any space in between.
- Add bouillon and celery to the contents prepared in Preparation Step 3, and put inner pot over medium heat. After boiling, simmer over low heat for 10 minutes and add bay leaf.
- Transfer the inner pot into Shuttle Chef® outer pot, cover lid and keep warm for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, add salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe uses a Thermos® Shuttle Chef®.
- Cherry tomatoes and parsley may be added to give the dish some colour.
- Cabbage is a gastrointestinal-friendly ingredient, best eaten in early spring season when the body gets weak easily.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Japan