- Pork Loin or Shoulder Loin, 500 grams
- Salt, 1 tablespoon
- Pepper, as desired
- Cabbage, ¼
- Lemon (preferably pesticide-free), 1
- Garlic, 2-3 pieces
- White Wine or Japanese Sake, ½ cup (100ml)
- Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Marinate pork with salt and pepper. Cut cabbage into 4 equal parts, with the leaves’ core intact. Vertically cut lemon into 8 equal parts.
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add cabbage, heat to a light roasted brown color, and remove from pot. Similarly, heat pork to a light roasted brown color, then add white wine.
- Put cabbage back into the inner pot, add lemon and garlic, and cover lid to heat for 15 minutes. Occasionally, flip the pork over to heat on both sides.
- Transfer the inner pot to Shuttle Chef® outer pot, cover lid and keep warm for at least 1 hour.
- Loin meat is soft and tender and complements the sweetness of the cabbage.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Japan.