Serves 6 to 8
- Round Spinach, 440g (washed and separate stems and leaves)
- Salted Egg, 1 (removed charcoal and rinse thoroughly)
- Century Egg, 1 (removed dried mug and rinse thoroughly and de-shelled)
- Cooking Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Garlic, 2 cloves (chopped)
- Chicken Stock, 350ml
- Wolfberries, 2 tablespoons
- Salt, 1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar, 1/2 teaspoon
- Egg, 1 (beaten and whisked well)
- Sesame Oil, 1 teaspoon
- 绍兴酒Shaoxing Wine (Chinese Cooking Wine), 1 teaspoon
- In a Shuttle Chef® inner pot or any pot, place salted egg in, add water till it covers the egg, bring it to a boil over medium heat and simmer for 7 minutes. Remove salted egg, de-shell and set aside for later use.
- Slice both century egg and salted egg with a needle thread, and set it aside for later use.
- In a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, heat cooking oil over medium heat.
- Add chopped garlic and stir fry till slightly golden brown. Add chicken stock, wolfberries and bring it to a boil.
- When boiling, add spinach stems, salt, sugar and simmer for 2 minutes. Add spinach leaves and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- When boiling, add beaten egg, stir well and simmer for 1 minute. Turn off heat and drizzle sesame oil and Shaoxing wine, before serving.
- You may soak the century egg into water for at least 10 minutes prior, for easy removal of the dried mug.
- You may store the spinach broth in a Thermos® Food Jar, as a side dish for your meal on-the-go.
Recipe and photos courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.