- Small Potato, ½ (cut into small cubes)
- Carrot, ¼ (cut into small cubes)
- Large Brown Onion, ¼ (sliced)
- Shitake Mushroom, 1 (diced)
- Beef Short Plate, 4 thin slices
- Dashi stock, 1 sachet
- Mirin, 1 tablespoon
- Cooking Sake, 1 tablespoon
- Light Soy Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Spring Onions, sliced (for garnish)
- In a Thermos® Food Jar, add all ingredients except mirin, cooking sake and light soy sauce.
- Pre-heat the Food Jar (and also to blanch the ingredients) by filling it with hot boiling water till the inner rim. Close the lid tightly, and let it sit aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, drain water from the Food Jar and add mirin, cooking sake and light soy sauce.
- Give it a quick stir, and fill the Food Jar with hot boiling water till inner rim. Close the lid tightly and let it sit aside to continue cooking for 4 to 5 hours.
- Before serving, garnish with some sliced spring onions and pair it with hot rice!
- This recipe is based on using Thermos® 0.71L SK-3020 Food Jar. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Food Jar.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Justine Ong from www.tings.sg.