Serves 4 to 5
- Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons (1 tablespoon + 1 tablespoon)
- Beef Chuck, 500 grams (cut into cubes, towel dry and sprinkle with black pepper)
- Baby Potatoes, 250 grams (cut into chunks)
- Carrots, 200 grams (cut into 2-3cm)
- Onion, 75 grams (chopped)
- Garlic, 8 cloves (roughly chopped)
- Beef Broth, 600ml
- Sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Whole Grain Mustard, 2 tablespoons
- Parsley, for garnish (chopped)
- Using a non-stick pan, heat olive oil (1 tablespoon) and once oil is heated, sear seasoned beef chuck cubes on all sides till brown and set aside.
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add remaining olive oil (1 tablespoon) and stir carrots, celeries and chopped onions until softened over low-medium heat for 5 minutes. Add chopped garlic and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add beef broth, seared beef cubes, baby potato chunks, sugar and whole grain mustard. Bring contents to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- When boiling, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving, garnish with chopped parsley. Enjoy it with rice or bread!
- This recipe is based on using the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.