Serves 2 to 3
- Pork Belly, 300 grams
- Water, 2 tablespoons
- Honey, 2 tablespoons
- Light Soy Sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Oyster Sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Dark Soy sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Sesame Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Five Spice Powder, 1 tablespoon
- ShaoXing Wine, 1 tablespoon
- White Pepper, 1 tablespoon
- Cooking oil, 3 tablespoons
- In a bowl, add all ingredients (except cooking oil), mix well and marinate for at least 1 hour or more. Place marinated pork belly in the fridge for later use.
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, heat cooking oil over medium heat, add marinated pork belly and brown each side for 3 mins. Set aside sauce for later use.
- After each side is browned, pour in the remaining sauce and mix well to coat the pork belly. Bring the contents to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- When boiling, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, place inner pot over low heat to reduce sauce while flipping the pork belly till all sides are caramelized and slightly charred.
- When caramelized and slightly charred, place pork belly aside for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- This recipe is based on using a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photo and recipes courtesy of Justine Ong from www.tings.sg.