Serves 4 to 5
- Chicken Drumsticks, 1 kilograms
- Carrots, 2 (cut into cubes)
- Potatoes, 3 (cut into cubes)
- Onion, 1 (cut into cubes)
- Cooking Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Garlic, 5 cloves
- Water, 1 cup (200ml)
- Light Soya Sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Dark Soya Sauce, 1½ tablespoons
- Sesame Oil, 1 teaspoon
- Salt, ½ teaspoon
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® Inner Pot, heat cooking oil over medium heat, add garlic, onion and stir fry till light brown. Add carrots, potatoes and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add chicken drumsticks and stir fry till meat turns white. Add seasoning (except salt) and mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water and bring it to a boil. When boiling, add salt and stir well, cover the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for 3 hours.
- Before serving, garnish with spring onions.
- This recipe is based on using a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-4500. You may adjust the ingredients quantities based on the capacity of your Shuttle Chef®.
- If you are preparing this dish overnight, re-boil the contents in the morning for at least 10 minutes on medium heat and transfer it back into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Food will be served hot during lunch or can be kept warm for up to 8 hours.
Photo is for illustration purpose only and courtesy of tasteofhome.com.
Recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.