Serves 4 to 5
- Beef Thigh or Fillet, 500 grams (marinated evenly with salt and pepper)
- Onion, ½ (thinly sliced)
- Celery, ½ stalk (thinly sliced)
- Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Mustard, amount as desired
- Thick Freezer Bag (re-sealable Ziplock bag), 1
- With a frying pan, heat olive oil, add beef and fry till it turns to a light roasted brown color. Remove beef and put it in a re-sealable bag.
- Replenish a small amount of oil to frying pan, stir fry onion and celery slices until they become soft, put into the same freezer bag, and remove air before sealing bag.
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, fill it with water (½ pot), and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat.
- When boiling, turn off heat and insert re-sealable bag with all contents intact (from Step 3) into inner pot, and cover with lid. Transfer inner pot into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot, and keep warm for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove re-sealable bag from inner pot, and let it cool at room temperature. Before serving, slice meat and serve with mustard.
- It is highly recommended to cut the cooked beef when the meat has cooled to retain the moisture. When it is cut while it is still hot, the meat’s juice will flow out.
- You may use this recipe for a healthier version of a Roast Beef Sandwich.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Japan.