- Small Pork Ribs, 500 grams
- Hawthorn (山楂), 30 grams
- Tomato Sauce, 40 grams
- Salt, 10 grams
- Sugar, 30 grams
- Lotus Roots, 150 grams
- Vinegar, 30 grams
- Fresh Ginger, 20 grams
- Cut small pork ribs into thumb sizes and marinate with salt and pickled ginger for 10 minutes.
- Soak hawthorns with fresh ginger and hot boiling water for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Cut lotus roots into slices, blanch with lemon-water solution, rinse well and set aside.
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add cooking oil and stir fry marinated small pork ribs till golden brown.
- Add tomato sauce, hawthorns-fresh ginger mixture, sugar, vinegar, lotus roots slices and bring the contents to a rapid boil over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- When boiling, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for 90 minutes, before serving.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos China.