For Cooking Pork Belly
- Cooking Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Pork Belly, 1 kilogram (cut into about 1cm thick slices)
- Water, 1 litre
- Spring Onion, 3 stalks (only green parts, chop into 5cm length)
- Ginger, 10 grams (peeled and sliced thinly)
- Hard Boiled Eggs, 5
- Sake, 75ml
- Mirin, 150ml
- Light Soy Sauce, 150ml
- Water, 150ml
- Sugar, 5 tablespoons
- Strainer, 1
Cooking Pork Belly:
- Using a non-stick pan, heat cooking oil and once oil is heated, add pork belly slices in single layer and sear both sides.
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add seared pork belly, water, spring onions and ginger slices. Bring contents to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for at least 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, drain water from the cooked pork belly slices and remove the spring onions and ginger slices. Rinse pork belly slices under warm water and transfer back into the inner pot.
- Add in all ingredients for braising and bring the contents to a boil.
- Once boiling, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it nto the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to braise for at least 2 hours.
- This recipe is based on using the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.