- Carrots, 1/8 (julienned; cut into thin strips)
- Fresh Shitake Mushroom, 1/2 (diced)
- Chinese Cabbage Leaf, 1/4 (sliced)
- Beef, 4 pieces (thinly sliced)
- Tofu, 8 small cubes
- Garlic, 1/2 clove (minced)
- Sesame Oil, 1/2 tablespoon
- Mirin Rice Wine, 1 tablespoon
- Gochujang Sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Kimchi, 3 tablespoons
- Salt, to taste
- In a 0.5L Thermos® Food Jar, add carrots, mushroom dices, cabbage slices and beef slices.
- Pre-heat the Food Jar (and also to blanch the ingredients) by filling it with hot boiling water till the inner rim. Close the lid tightly, and let it sit aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in another bowl, scald tofu cubes with hot boiling water. Drain water.
- After 10 minutes, drain water from the Food Jar and add minced garlic, sesame oil, Mirin rice wine, Gochujang sauce and Kimchi. Mix well, add tofu cubes and fill the Food Jar with hot boiling water till inner rim.
- Give it a quick stir, close the lid tightly and let it sit aside to continue cooking for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, add salt to taste.
- This recipe is based on using Thermos® 0.5L JBM-500/ JBM-501/ JBM-502 Food Jar. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Food Jar.
- If you prefer a stronger flavour, replace cabbage with more Kimchi.
- If you prefer a spicy taste, add more Gochujang sauce of your preference.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Justine Ong from www.tings.sg.