Serves 2 to 3
- Water, 500ml
- Chicken Thigh, 500 grams (cut into bite-sized)
- Potato, 1 (cut into bite-sized)
- Baby Carrot, 50 grams
- Onion, ¼ (cut into big chunks)
- Garlic Cloves, 6 (peeled)
- Ginger, 10 grams (sliced)
- Green Onions, 30 grams (cut into 2-inch)
- Sesame Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Sesame Seed, 1 teaspoon
- Korean Hot Pepper Flakes (Gochugaru), 1 tablespoon
- Sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Soy Sauce, 3 tablespoons
- Rice Wine (Mirin), 1 tablespoon
- Korean Hot Pepper Paste (Gochujang), 1 tablespoon
- Black Pepper, ½ teaspoon
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add in water, chicken thigh, potato, baby carrot, onion, garlic cloves, ginger, all ingredients for the sauce and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, close the inner pot with lid and transfer into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for at least 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, removed the inner pot and place it over the stove. Bring the contents to a boil and when boiling stir in the green onions, sesame oil and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Before serving, garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy the stew with white rice!
- This recipe is based on using the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.