Serves 2 (5 skewers)
- Beef Sirloin, 200 grams (cubed)
- Steak Seasoning, 2 teaspoons (1 teaspoon + 1 teaspoon)
- Minced Garlic, 1 teaspoon
- Cola, 100ml
- Red Potato, 100 grams
- Water, 1 tablespoon
- Cherry Tomato, 5
- Orange Pepper, 30 grams (cut into 2-3cm)
- Cooking Oil, 1 teaspoon
- Pineapple, 30 grams (cubed)
- Bamboo Sticks, 5
- Steaming Plate, 1
- Steaming Rack, 1
- Place the red potato in a bowl, and microwave until tender (about 2 minutes). Drain and set aside for later use.
- In a mixing bowl, add in cubed beef sirloin, steak seasoning (1 teaspoon), minced garlic, and cola. Mix well and let it sit aside to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add in microwaved red potato, cherry tomato, orange pepper, oil, steak seasoning (1 teaspoon). Mix well and let it sit aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- After 1 hour, using wooden stick, skewer the beef, red potato, cherry tomato, orange pepper, and pineapple alternately. Place the skewers on the steaming plate and set aside for later use.
- In a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, place in a steaming rack in place, add water till the height of the rack, the steaming plate with skewers, bring the water to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it to the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for vacuum insulation for at least 2 hours.
- This recipe is based on using the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-4500. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
- Both steaming rack and baking tin have to fit well into the Shuttle Chef® inner pot when the lid is closed, and the baking tin must be easily placed into the Shuttle Chef® when filled with contents.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.