Serves 4 (8 rolls)
- Cabbage, 8 slices
- Minced Pork, 300 grams
- Onion, 80 grams (diced)
- Cooked rice, 100 grams
- Egg, 1
- Worcestershire Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Italian Seasoning, 1 teaspoon
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Chopped Tomato, 400 grams (1 can)
- Traditional Tomato Italian Sauce, 300 grams
- Minced Garlic, 3 teaspoons
- Brown Sugar, 2 tablespoons
- Worcestershire Sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Vinegar, ½ tablespoon
- Tabasco Sauce, ½ tablespoon
- Italian Seasoning, 1½ teaspoon
- Water, 200ml
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, boil the cabbage for 3 minutes to soften the leaves. Set aside to cool for later use.
- In a large bowl, add in minced pork, onion, cooked rice, egg, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and mix well until smooth. Divide into 8 equal parts.
- Assemble the cabbage roll by placing the divided meat filling onto the softened cabbage leave. Roll the cabbage leaf and tuck the sides inwards to enclose the fillings. Repeat 8 times.
- In the same 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add in the wrapped cabbage rolls, chopped tomato, tomato Italian sauce, minced garlic, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, tabasco sauce, Italian seasoning, water, and bring contents to a boil.
- When boiling, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot to continue cooking for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, garnish with Italian seasoning.
- This recipe is based on using the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.