Serves 5 to 6
- Cooking Oil, 6 tablespoons
- Pork Spare Ribs, 750 grams (cut into bite-sized cubes)
- Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- Oyster Sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Sesame Oil, 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda, 1/2 teaspoon
- Corn Flour, 5 tablespoons
- Water, 3 tablespoons
- Egg, 1
- Cooking Oil, 3 tablespoons
For the Sauce:
- Instant Coffee Powder (less/no sugar), 2 tablespoons
- Brown Sugar, 3 tablespoons
- White Sugar, 2 tablespoons
- Minced Garlic, 1 tablespoon
- Barbeque Sauce, 3 tablespoons
- Chinese Rice Wine, 1 tablespoon
- Dark Soy Sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Drinking Water (room temperature), 5 tablespoons
- Cinnamon Stick, 1
- Dried Chili, 3 (cut into 1cm length)
- White Sesame Seeds, 2 teaspoons
- Chilli Padi, as preference
- Parsley, as preference
- In a bowl, combine pork ribs cubes and ingredients for seasoning. Mix well and set aside in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a 26cm Thermos® KFH-026D Ultra-Deep Non-Stick Frying Pan, heat cooking oil over low-medium heat for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pan-sear the marinated pork cubes for about 8 to 10 minutes per round until golden brown on all sides and fully cooked. Remove cooked golden brown cooked pork cubes from the non-stick frying pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce with a separate bowl by mixing all the ingredients (except cinnamon stick and dried chilli), while allowing some time for the frying pan to slightly cool. Stir and mix the sauce well.
- When the sauce is prepared, wipe clean the pan-sear residues on the non-stick frying pan with some kitchen towels.
- Using the same non-stick frying pan, heat sauce, cinnamon stick and dried chili over low-medium heat and bring to a soft simmer for about 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes and when the sauce has thickened, add pan-seared pork cubes, coat them with the sauce evenly and continue tossing until the sauce further reduces to a sticky glaze.
- Before serving, garnish with white sesame seeds, chilli padi and parsley. Best matched with white rice, and enjoy!
- The recipe is improvised from an original recipe, courtesy of tasty.co.
- This recipe is based on using the Thermos® KFH-026D Ultra-Deep Non-Stick Frying Pan. You may adjust the ingredients quantities based on the size of the Frying Pan.
- The sauce is thickened when it can thinly coat the back of a spoon.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.