- Pumpkin, 100 grams (diced into 2.5cm cubes)
- King Oyster Mushroom, 60 grams (cut into bite sizes)
- Sausages, 4 (with slits)
- Fried Onion Paste, 1 teaspoon
- Water, 200ml
- Curry Roux or Curry Sauce Mix, 25 grams
- Cherry Tomatoes, 2
- Steam Rice, amount as desired (served in separate container)
- Pre-heat a Thermos® Food Jar by filling it with hot boiling water till the inner rim. Let it sit aside for 5 to 10 minutes, without covering lid.
- Using a small pot, heat all ingredients (except for curry roux and cherry tomatoes), and bring to boil. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add curry roux to melt. Heat again, add cherry tomatoes and cook for another 3 minutes till the mixture thickens.
- Drain water from food jar preheated in Step 1, and then transfer contents made in Step 3 into food jar. Close lid and keep warm for at least 3 hours before serving.
- This recipe is based on using a 0.5L Thermos® Food Jar JBM-502. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Thermos® Food Jar.
- This curry is to be served with steamed rice.
- Please consume the stew within 6 hours after keeping warm.
- Fried onion paste can be made easily at home:
- Heat cooking oil over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add onion (cut and thinly sliced).
- Slow cook by stirring often (to prevent sticking), until onions turn to a golden brown color. Remove cooked onions from pan and leave to cool.
- Add cooked onions and a little water (for moisture) to a blender, and blend contents until a smooth paste is formed.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Japan