Serves 8 to 10
- Chicken Drumsticks, 2,000 grams (2kg)
- Oyster Sauce, 3 tablespoons
- Chinese Cooking Wine, 4 tablespoons
- Corn Flour, 4 teaspoons
- Ginger Juice, 2 tablespoons
- Sesame Oil, 140ml
- Ginger, 4 (sliced)
- Garlic, 6 cloves (chopped)
- Water, 400ml
- Chinese Rice Wine, 110ml
- Light Soya Sauce, 4 tablespoons
- Oyster Sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Dark Soya Sauce, 4 tablespoons
- Chinese Cooking Wine, 1 tablespoon
- Sugar, 3 teaspoons
- Cornstarch Solution (mix 1 tablespoon of corn flour with 2 tablespoons of water)
- Button Mushrooms, 2 cans
- Spring Onions, to garnish (chopped)
- Marinate chicken drumsticks with oyster sauce, Chinese cooking wine, corn flour and ginger juice. Mix well and set it aside for at least 1 hour.
- In a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add sesame oil and ginger slices and stir fry till fragrant over low heat. When fragrant, add chopped garlic and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add marinated chicken drumsticks and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add water, Chinese rice wine, light soya sauce, oyster sauce, dark soya sauce, Chinese cooking wine and sugar. Stir to mix well and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- When boiling, add cornstarch solution and button mushrooms. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, garnish with chopped spring onions.
- This recipe is based on using a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-4500. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
- If you are preparing this dish overnight, add cornstarch solution when re-boiling the contents in the inner pot the day after in the morning. Re-boil the contents for at least 10 minutes over medium heat and transfer it back into the outer pot. Food will be served hot during lunch or can be kept warm for up to 8 hours.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.