Serves 1 to 2
- Chicken, 350 grams (cut into pieces)
- Olive Oil,
- Ginger, 4 slices (about 4cm wide)
- Garlic, 3 cloves (chopped)
- Shallots, 2 (chopped)
- Shao Xing Wine, 150ml
- Soy Paste, 1 tablespoon
- Sesame Paste, 1/2 tablespoon
- Oyster Sauce, 1/2 tablespoon
- Soy Sauce, 1/2 tablespoon
- Sugar, a pinch
- Spring Onion, 1 stick (cut into 4cm strips)
- Marinate chicken pieces in Shao Xing wine, and set it aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add olive oil into a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot under medium-high heat, add marinated chicken pieces and stir fry till brown. Remove browned chicken pieces and set aside.
- In the same inner pot, add ginger slices, chopped garlic, chopped shallots and cook till fragrant.
- Add browned chicken pieces and stir fry for 3 minutes. Add Shao Xing wine, soy paste, sesame paste, oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar. Bring the contents to a rapid boil.
- When boiling, add spring onions, cover the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for at least 3 hours, before serving.
- This recipe is using a 1.6L Thermos® Shuttle Chef®. You may use the same ingredients quantity for a 1.5L Shuttle Chef® RPF-20 or 1.8L Shuttle Chef® TCRA-1800.
- You may also adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Malaysia.