- Prima Taste Nonya Sambal Sauce, 1
- Fish fillet, 180 grams
- Garlic, chopped
- Lemongrass, 10 grams (chopped into large chunks)
- Coriander, 3 grams (chopped)
- White Onion, 10 grams (diced)
- Long Beans, 15 grams (chopped into sections)
- Eggplant, 30 grams (chopped into sections)
- Tomato, 30 grams (chopped into large cubes)
- Assam water, 10 grams (mix assam with water)
- Steaming Paper, 1
- Bowl, 1
- Steaming Rack, 1
- In a frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add chopped garlic, lemongrass, onions and stir fry till fragrant.
- When fragrant, add coriander, long beans, eggplants and stir fry for 1 min.
- After 1 min, add nonya sambal sauce, tomatoes, assam water and bring the contents to a boil.
- Place steaming paper on a bowl, add fish fillet and nonya sambal boiled contents and wrap it up.
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, place in the steaming rack and add hot boiling water till half full. Place the bowl with wrapped nonya sambal fish on the steaming rack, and bring the water in the inner pot to a boil under medium heat.
- When boiling, close the inner pot’s lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for at least 1 hour, for vacuum insulation steaming.
- This recipe is based on using a 4.5L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-4500. Ingredients and tools can be adjusted or replaced for different Shuttle Chef® inner pot sizes and capacities.
- Both steaming rack and bowl have to fit well into the Shuttle Chef® inner pot when the lid is closed, and the bowl must be easily placed into the Shuttle Chef® when filled with contents.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team