- Chicken Breast, 2 pieces (about 500 grams in total)
- Water, 200ml
- Water, 900ml
- Japanese Sake, 3 tablespoons
- Ginger, 15 grams
- Spring Onions, 1½ stalk (green portion)
Peanut Miso Sauce Ingredients:
- Miso Paste, 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar, 1 tablespoon
- Men Tsuyu (Noodle Soup Base), 1 tablespoon
- GoChuJang (Korean Hot Pepper Paste), 2 tablespoons
- Peanut (crushed), 1 tablespoon
- Chili Oil, 1 teaspoon
Savory Spring Onion Sauce Ingredients:
- Spring Onion, 50 grams
- Chicken Soup Stock, 2 tablespoons
- Roasted Sesame, 1 tablespoon
- White Sesame Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Lemon Juice, 1 tablespoon
- Water, 2 tablespoons
Sweet Sesame Sauce Ingredients:
- White Sesame Paste, 2 tablespoons
- Ground Sesame, 1 tablespoon
- Milk, 2 tablespoons
- Sugar, 2 teaspoons
- Vinegar, 1 teaspoon
- Light Soy Sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Cucumber, amount as desired
- Parsley, amount as desired
- Thaw chicken breast to room temperature, remove excess fat and butterfly cut the meat. Cut spring onion into small pieces to fit in a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot.
- Prepare ingredients A.
- Heat ingredients A in Shuttle Chef® inner pot over medium heat. Once boiled, add 200ml of water to lower the temperature, then add chicken breast.
- Bring to boil again, lower heat and close lid to heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove inner pot from heat, transfer it to Shuttle Chef® outer pot, cover lid and keep warm for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the Three-Style Sauces.
[Peanut Miso Sauce] Mix all seasoning ingredients for this sauce together, add crushed peanuts and mix well.
[Savory Spring Onion Sauce] In in a heat-proof container, mix finely cut spring onions and all seasoning ingredients for this sauce. Heat in microwave oven for 1 minute 30 seconds, and mix well.
[Sweet Sesame Sauce] Mix all ingredients for this sauce well, add sugar and mix all thoroughly until it is no longer grainy.
- Once chicken breast is ready from Step 5, remove from pot and cut into bite sizes. Separate all cut chicken meat into 3 portions, and top each portion with 1 of the 3 types of sauces. Cucumber and parsley also may be added as garnishes to taste.
- This recipe uses a Thermos® Shuttle Chef®.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Japan.