- Beef Ribs, 800 grams (cut in pieces)
- Beef Tendon, 400 grams (approx. 3 pieces)
- Young Ginger, 2 pieces, (peeled and sliced into 5cm long each)
- Garlic, 3 cloves (unpeeled)
- Beef Broth Powder, 4 tablespoons
- Dark Soy Sauce, 4 tablespoons
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Beef meatballs, 1 packet
- Beef Tenderloin, 500 grams (thinly sliced)
- Shaoxing Rice Wine, 100ml
- 5 Spice Powder, 1 tablespoon
- Sugar, 2 to 3 teaspoons
- Corn Flour, 3 tablespoons
- Beansprout, 2-3 handful
- Coriander, 2 sprigs (chopped)
- Thick Bee Hoon, 2 packets
- Pickled Cabbage (Suan Cai), 1 strip (minced finely)
- Water, approx. 4L
- In a 6L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add beef ribs, beef tendon, young ginger, garlic, water and bring contents to a boil.
- When boiling, add beef broth powder, 3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce, 5 spice powder, salt and pepper. Add water till the inner rim. Bring contents to boil again and simmer for 20 minutes. When boiling, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it to the Shuttle Chef outer pot.
- Bring contents to boil every 12 hours for the next 48 hours. Strain broth and discard the beef ribs as meat will be flavourless. Set aside the beef tendon for later use.
- In a cooking pot, add 700ml of the beef broth, bring it to a boil over medium heat, add the sliced beef tenderloin and meatballs to cook. Set aside cooked ingredients and beef broth for later use.
- With remaining broth, pour into a 3L Shuttle Chef inner pot and add the remaining dark soy sauce, rice wine and bring to boil. Add more beef broth powder, and salt & pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, add 3 tablespoons of cornflour with 3 tablespoon of room temperature water and mix well into a slurry. Gradually add into the inner pot whilst stirring the broth to prevent clumping. Simmer contents until broth thickens into a gravy or your desired consistency.
- In another cooking pot, cook your rice noodles with bean sprouts in boiling water for about 2-3 minutes. Place noodles and beansprouts in bowl, assemble with cooked slice beef tenderloin and meatballs. Ladle gravy over the noodles and beef.
- Before serving, garnish with minced pickled cabbage and coriander.
- This recipe is based on using a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000 and and 6.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-6000. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chefs®.
- If not using the broth immediately, you may wish to it for another day. You will get about 1.7L of broth
- You may replace the beef broth powder with 2 tablespoons of beef stock concentrate.
Photo and recipes courtesy of Justine Ong from www.tings.sg.