- Salted Butter, 4 tablespoons (about 50 grams)
- Garlic, 14 cloves (washed and chopped into small pieces)
- Rice, 3 cups (600 grams, washed and drained well)
- Water, 700ml
- Salt, ¼ teaspoon
- Chopped Green Onions, to garnish
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add butter and heat it over medium heat. When the butter melts, add chopped garlic and stir fry till golden brown.
- When the garlic turns golden brown, turn off heat, remove fried garlic and place on a paper towel. Set it aside for later use.
- With the same inner pot, add rice into the butter and mix well over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add water to the rice mixture, switch to low heat and close the inner pot with lid.
- When boiling (or the lid rattles), open to check that the contents in the pot are bubbling.
- When the contents are bubbling, turn off heat and transfer the inner pot into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, fluff rice with a spoon and add fried garlic. Before serving, garnish with chopped green onions.
- This recipe is based on using a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® RPE-3000. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.