- Gold Potatoes, 3 (peeled, cut into chunks)
- Chicken Thighs, 4 (de-boned, cut into chunks)
- Salt, ½ teaspoon
- Black Pepper, ½ teaspoon
- Cooking Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Onions, 3 (peeled, cut into wedges)
- Minced Garlic, 2 teaspoons
- Minced Ginger, 1 teaspoon
- Carrots, 1½ (peeled, cut into chunks)
- Clear Chicken Broth, 500ml
- Hot Boiling Water, 200ml
- Japanese Curry Paste, 200 grams
- Ketchup, 1 tablespoon
- Udon, 6 servings (cooked)
- Chopped Green Onions, to garnish (optional)
- Chopped Long Beans, to preference (cooked, optional)
- Soak the peeled potato chunks in cold water for 30 minutes to remove excess starch. Drain and set aside for later use.
- Marinate the chicken thighs with salt and black pepper. Set aside for later use.
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, heat cooking oil over low-medium heat. Once heated, add onion wedges, minced garlic and minced ginger, and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add marinated chicken thighs, potato chunks and carrot chunks. Mix until well combined.
- Add chicken broth and hot boiling water, and immerse all ingredients into the broth. Place the Japanese curry paste at the top (do not mix) and bring contents to a boil.
- Once boiling, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, mix well until the Japanese curry paste is well dissolved. Add ketchup and mix well.
- Serve over cooked Udon noodles and garnish with green onions or long beans. Enjoy!
- This recipe is based on using the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
- Do not mix the Japanese curry paste when bringing contents to a boil to avoid potential burn when the roux sinks to the bottom of the pot.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.