- Egg, 1 (50 grams)
- Salt, amount as desired
- Sugar, 1 teaspoon
- Unagi Kabayaki (Broiled, Grilled or Roasted Eel), 80 grams
- Fresh Shiitake Mushroom, 1 piece (15 grams)
- Kabayaki Sauce, amount as desired
- Steamed Rice, 300 grams (about 2 rice bowls)
- Vinegar (for Sushi), 2 tablespoons
- Wooden Steamer, 1 (or a 15cm cake mold with a sheet of baking paper)
- Plate, 1
- Cut eel into 2 cm wide pieces, and cut Shiitake mushroom into thin strips. Sprinkle on Kabayaki sauce to marinate.
- Using Ingredients A, fry a thin egg omelette, then cut it into thin strips.
- Add sushi vinegar to hot steamed rice, and mix well.
- Place it in a pre-wet wooden steamer (if wooden steamer is not available, you may use a 15cm cake mold with a baking sheet on it). Then on top of the rice, add mushrooms, omelette strips and finally eel (in this order).
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add 100ml of water. Put contents made in Step 2 (with the wooden steam or cake mold together) on a plate (so that it does not get wet). Transfer them into inner pot. Cover with lid and heat over medium-high heat.
- Bring to boil and simmer on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Transfer inner pot into Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Cover lid and keep warm for 8 minutes before serving.
- This recipe uses a Thermos® Shuttle Chef®.
- This is steamed sushi where you can fully enjoy the taste of eel. You may even consume it directly from the wooden steamer.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Thermos Japan.