- Cabbage Kimchi, 300 grams
- Gochujang (Korean Hot Pepper Paste), 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Vegetable Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Garlic, 2 cloves (minced)
- Korean Luncheon Meat, half a tin (170 grams, diced into small cubes)
- Short Grain Rice, 2 cups (cooked and cooled)
- Light Soy Sauce, 2 tablespoons
- Sesame Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Eggs, 4
- Toasted Sesame Seeds, 2 tablespoons (as toppings)
- Seaweed Flakes, as toppings
- Drain the cabbage kimchi to separate the juice from the cabbage and set aside about 1/4 cup (about 62ml) of kimchi juice. Mix Gochujang with the kimchi juice and set aside.
- Cut the drained cabbage kimchi into small pieces and set aside.
- Using a 24cm Thermos® KFH-024D Ultra-Deep Non-Stick Frying Pan, heat vegetable oil, add minced garlic and fry for 1 minute. After a minute, add luncheon meat cubes and stir fry until they are browned.
- When the luncheon meat cubes are browned, add cooked rice and stir to mix well. Add cabbage kimchi pieces and mix well.
- Pour the mixture of kimchi juice and gochujang over the rice and stir to combine evenly.
- Drizzle with light soy sauce and add sesame oil. Mix well and stir occasionally.
- When the fried rice is well mixed, press them against the sides and base to get a slight burnt crispy rice base. Leave it alone at medium-low heat for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- After 5 to 10 minutes, dish the fried rice into portions.
- With the same frying pan, fry runny sunny side eggs and serve them with the fried rice. Enjoy!
- This recipe is based on using a Thermos® KFH-024D Ultra-Deep Non-Stick Frying Pan. You may adjust the ingredients quantity based on the capacity of the frying pan.
- This recipe is based on using the Korean luncheon meat from SPAM.
- Should there be inadequate kimchi juice to drain, you may add 1 to 2 teaspoons of Gochujang (Korean Hot Pepper Paste) to adjust the level of spiciness and colour, to taste.