Serves 5 to 6
- Water, 1 litre
- Dark Soy Sauce, 1 cup
- Rock Sugar Cubes, 1/4 cup
- Garlic (with skin), 6 to 7 cloves
- Ginger, 1 medium-sized (peeled and sliced)
- Five Spice Powder, 1 tablespoon
- Pork Belly, 400 grams to 500 grams (whole)
- Hard Boiled Eggs, 5 to 6
- Salt, 1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar, 2 teaspoons
- Chinese Black Vinegar, 2 tablespoons
- Water, 3/4 cup
- Eggs, 3 (beaten)
- Corn Flour, 1/2 cup (mixed with some water)
- Yellow Noodles
- Bean Sprouts
- Minced Garlic, for garnish
- Chopped Chinese Celery, for garnish
- Chopped Chilli, for garnish
- Black Vinegar, for topping to taste
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add water (1.0L), dark soy sauce, rock sugar cubes, garlic with skin, ginger and five spice powder. Mix well and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- When boiling, add whole pork belly, cover inner pot with lid and simmer under medium-low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Bring to boil under medium heat and when boiling, transfer the inner pot into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for about 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, add in hard boiled eggs, bring it to a boil and transfer inner pot back into the outer pot.
- About 30 minutes before serving, remove garlic and ginger from the contents. Remove pork belly and set it aside.
- Add salt, sugar, chinese black vinegar and water (about 187ml) and bring the contents to boil.
- When boiling, slowly stir in the beaten eggs. Slowly add corn flour mixture and stir until the gravy is thickened.
- Slice pork belly into bite sizes.
- Before serving, cook yellow noodles and bean sprouts, and place them into a bowl. Add gravy, pork belly slices, hard boiled eggs, minced garlic, chinese celery and chilli.
- This recipe is based on using a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® such as RPE-3000 and TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredients' quantities based on the capacity.
- You may add less or more corn flour mixture to thicken the braised contents based on your consistency preference.
- You may add your favourite toppings such as fishcake, ngoh hiang, fried wantons, fried fish etc.