Serve 2 to 3
- Water, 1 litre
- Dashi, 1/2 teaspoon
- Miso Paste, 3 tablespoons
- Basmati Rice, 1/2 cup
- Shimeiji Mushrooms
- Corn Kernels, 4 to 6 tablespoons
- Steamed Chicken Leg, 1 large piece (shredded and keep chicken juices aside)
- Pink Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Chilli Padi, to preference
- Coriander, to garnish
- In a Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, bring water to boil and add miso paste, dashi and rice.
- Bring the contents to boil for a couple of minutes. When boiling, close the inner pot's lid and transfer it into the outer pot. Let it sit aside overnight.
- Reboil the contents in the morning, and add mushrooms and corn kernels. Bring the contents to a boil, and when boiling, close lid and transfer back into the outer pot.
- Before serving, add chicken juices from steamed chicken leg, warm up the congee and top with shredded chicken, chilli padi and coriander.
- This recipe is based on using a 1.6L Thermos® Shuttle Chef®. You may adjust or use similar ingredients quantity with a 1.5L Shuttle Chef® RPF-20 or 1.8L Shuttle Chef® TCRA-1800, or adjust accordingly based on the Shuttle Chef® capacity.
- The congee was done overnight to achieve the silky smooth texture.