- Pork Ribs, 250 grams
- Corn Flour, 1 teaspoon
- Black Bean Paste, 2 tablespoons
- Red Date Ginger Sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Brown Sugar, 1 teaspoon
- 花雕酒 (Chinese Cooking Wine), 1 tablespoon
- Pepper, a dash
- Sesame Oil, a dash
- Garlic, 1/2 bulb (skinless and thinly sliced)
- Scallions, 50 grams (chopped)
- White Rice, 2/3 cup
- Water, 1 cup
- Coat pork ribs with corn flour, and leave it aside for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine black bean paste, red date ginger sugar, brown sugar, chinese cooking wine, pepper, sesame oil, garlic, and 25 grams of scallions. Mix well.
- Rinse pork ribs and add into the bowl mixture to marinate. Ensure every piece of pork rib is coated well and leave it to stand while preparing the rice.
- Wash the white rice thoroughly, place into the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot and add water.
- Add marinated pork ribs and remaining marinate on top of the rice in the inner pot.
- Bring the contents in the inner pot to a rapid boil on high heat.
- Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes, cover the lid and transfer it into the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside for 2 hours.
- The recipe is based on using a 1.6L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® such as KBF-1600.
- The quantity of ingredients shall be adjusted when a bigger capacity of a Shuttle Chef® is being used. For example, double the ingredients when using a 3.0L Shuttle Chef®, serving 4 persons.
- The one pot pork ribs rice is ready to serve after 2 hours and can be kept hot in the Shuttle Chef® for up to 6 hours.
Photo, recipe and tips courtesy of Sheryl Ariel Boh, from fb.com/musingsatweivilla and founder of ‘Cooking with Thermos’ Facebook group.