Nyonya Laksa Sauce:
- Fish Stock, 900ml
- Prawn, 400 grams
- Nonya Laksa Paste, 200 grams
- Laksa Leaves, 5 stalks (washed)
- Coconut Milk, 200ml
- Tofu Puff, 200 grams
Noodles (per serving):
- Water, 800ml
- Thick Bee Hoon, 150 grams
- Bean Sprouts, 2 tablespoons (remove ends)
- Fish Cake, 6 slices
- Quail Egg, 4
- Laksa Leaves, chopped thinly
Instructions for Nyonya Laksa Sauce:
- In a 20cm Thermos® KNA-020S Non-Stick Cooking Pot with Double Pouring Mouths, add in the fish stock and bring a boil.
- When boiling, add in the prawns and poach for about 3 minutes until fully cooked.
- Dish up the prawns and set aside for later use.
- Strain the boiled fish stock into a separate large bowl and set aside for later use. Wipe clean the prawn residues on the cooking pot with some kitchen towels.
- Using the same non-stick cooking pot, add in nonya laksa paste and stir fry for about 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in the strained fish stock and bring content to a boil. When boiling, add in laksa leaves and continue simmering for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add in coconut milk, tofu puffs and continue simmering for another 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside for serving.
Instructions for Noodles (per serving):
- In a 16cm Thermos® KNA-016S Non-Stick Cooking Pot with Double Pouring Mouths, add in water and bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in thick bee hoon, bean sprouts, sliced fish cake, quail eggs, and cook for 2 minutes. Drain the ingredients and serve in a serving bowl.
- Add in desired amount of nyonya laksa sauce, tofu puffs, and garnish with chopped laksa leaves. Enjoy!
- The recipe is improvised from an original recipe, courtesy of themeatmen.sg.
- This recipe is based on using the Thermos® KNA-020S & KNA-016S Non-Stick Cooking Pot with Double Pouring Mouths. You may adjust the ingredients quantities based on the size of the Cooking Pot.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.