Serves 4 to 5
- Dashi Broth, 1.8 litres
- Light Soy Sauce, 4 tablespoons
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Japanese Rice, 1 cup (approx. 200 grams)
- Chicken Thigh, 300 grams (cut into bite-sized)
- Carrot, 40 grams (peeled and thinly sliced)
- Shiitake Mushroom, 80 grams (thinly sliced)
- Egg, 2 (to be beaten)
- Toasted White Sesame Seed, 1 teaspoon
- Spring Onion, 2 stalks (thinly sliced)
- Pepper, ½ teaspoon
- Wash and drain the Japanese rice thoroughly to remove excess starch. Repeat this step 3 times.
- In a 3.0L Thermos® Shuttle Chef® inner pot, add dashi broth, light soy sauce and salt. Bring contents to a boil.
- Add washed Japanese rice, chicken thighs, carrot slices and mushroom slices, and bring contents to a boil.
- Once boiling, close the inner pot with lid and transfer it into the Shuttle Chef® outer pot. Let it sit aside to continue cooking for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, transfer the inner pot back onto the stove and bring the contents to a boil. Drizzle the beaten egg over the soup surface to create a fluffy texture.
- Before serving, garnish with toasted white sesame seed, spring onion and pepper. Enjoy!
- This recipe is based on using the Thermos® Shuttle Chef® TCRA-3000. You may adjust the ingredient quantities based on the capacity of the Shuttle Chef®.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Thermos Singapore team.